background

Friday, August 30, 2013

Birthday for a friend...

Yes, still on birthdays... This one I LOVED coloring!!  It is a freebie image from Saturated Canary, THANK YOU, and I found it fun, fun!!  It was a bit hard to color on some areas, but I managed.  





I used different techniques on this card.  I love the concept of the crooked rectangles.  I think it gives it a very nice and modern dimension.  I don't know if you can see it well, but the edges and corners of the cards were sponged with chalk ink from ColorBox.  The color is Citrine which is like a flourescent green.  Very pretty.  I love the tecnique.  Adds so much to the card.  If you click on the image, you can see a larger version.  

Copic Markers Used:

Hair: YR24, Y21, E37, E50
Skin: E00, E50, E11, R20, R22
Shirt: YG17, YG13, Y11
Undershirt: RV17, RV13
Jeans: B16, B14, B12
Flower: R14, R11
Lips and Cheeks: R20, R22

On the hair coloring:

I was experimenting with some color suggestions I saw online and came up with this pretty honey colored hair!  I think its really cute!  The Yellows seem to blend very well with the Earth colors.
Card

I mainly buy all my cardstock and embellishments from Michael's, JoAnn's and Hobby Lobby. 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Altenew card project

 Hello and welcome to my blog!   I wanted to share one of the cards I created using one of my favorite layering stamps by Altenew!  I had cr...